Sunday, January 17, 2010

Hottest 100.


So, at 9.18 last night I submitted my vote for Triple j's Hottest 100. For once, I was not Captain Latey McLatepants. (There was three hours left to vote. Positively earlay.)

I struggle with this yearly because there are a million songs I love throughout any given year, but do I know the names of them? No. Do I know who sings them? Often not. So until Triple j include sound grabs with each song listed, I can't be 100% certain that I got my top ten for the previous year totally right. In fact, I'm sure I never do.

Not to worry! Here are the 10 that I came up with last night:

Dan Sultan - Letter
Flight of the Conchords - Too Many Dicks
Florence & the Machine - Drumming Song
Jamie T - Sticks n Stones
Lily Allen - Not Fair
Lisa Mitchell - Red Wine Lips
Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
Regina Spektor - Laughing With
Vampire Weekend - Cousins
Vampire Week - Horchata

Already, I realise one error. Washington Cement. I missed it.

And I don't like double-voting. But I do love Vampire Weekend. The dilemma!

(Flight of the Conchords photo from here.)

No comments: