Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Creative Overdrive

This year will be the year that I learn to sew. Something. Anything really. I'd be happy to sew straight. Just some straight lines in fabric. That would be tops.

The jewellery started out as a hobby but has passed that stage (rather significantly) and now I feel I need a hobby-hobby to stretch my creative muscle in another direction.

I'm currently inspired by Ruby at cakies and Rachel from Smile and Wave and their effortless crafty-mama chicness, as personified in these gorgeous sewn love notes from Ruby:




I'm also smitten with the chevron print that's popping up all. over. the. place. (I know, maybe a little late to jump on that bandwagon). But it's such a classic print that I can't help myself.

As I think I mentioned a while back, Sparky and I plan to paint a canvas or two to decorate the new living room and I'm thinking something like this, from Jess at Make Under My Life might be a go-er.




I think we'd go grey or *maybe* a matte silver though.

I'm feeling very creative at the moment. The timing is a little poor though as preparations for Life in Style are at a fever-pitch. I'm sure it'll stick around until March though...

No comments: