Thursday, February 4, 2010

Inspiration




While these may not look like much, these teeny little chicken scratchings done in about 3 minutes at my cramped desk are the culmination of at least 2 months worth of mulling over. I've had some ideas in my head since well before Christmas that I wanted to incorporate into my next collection. (Yes! Next collection! Already! I haven't even taken Grafica to a single tradeshow yet.) And one night they crystalised in the old brain and I just had to get them out.

Next day I was in touch with my plastics guy, who is a real gem and quite creative too, hence more than happy to work with me on some new techniques, discussing the options. The samples are on their way and I should be able to test a few ideas next week. I am so excited! The creative fire has been relit in my belly. It's been a while, and it feels good to have it back.

So much of my work-time is now taken up with administrative tasks, marketing, media, sales and production that I don't have a lot of time to play around and experiment, so it's a wonderful feeling to have a new inspiration rolling about in the old head.



No comments: