Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Outfits

I don't know about you, but I've come to the realisation that I wear clothes. Not outfits.

I used to love putting together an outfit in my head - the right shoes, jewellery, bag etc. Now I usually put on a pair of shorts in summer (but I have made an effort this year to get into more skirts. It's been mildly successful) and jeans in winter. Various tops and a necklace or a ring if I'm lucky.

I miss wearing outfits, and I've resolved that this year I'll make some kind of effort each week to wear something a little put-together.

I have to admit, I'm frequently inspired by other bloggers who post their outfits (heart charlie, jena at modish, elsie at A beautiful mess) and would like to think I'll post some of my own outfits throughout the year. But I'm not making any promises. I am quite camera-shy.




But in light of this new-found sartorial enthusiasm, I went out and bought a dress. Well, it was an online purchase so I didn't actually go anywhere. But it was well on sale ($210 down to $40) so it's got that going for it! The label is Sophomore and I found it via Heart Charlie.



Good for autumn maybe?

No comments: