Monday, February 9, 2009

My Morning...



I accidentally took this photo this morning while I was uploading my new product pics (to be shown in forthcoming post.) I was about to delete it when I realised it was a perfect representation of my morning so far.

COMPUTER:
I have spent an inordinate amount of time on my computer this morning - designing and ordering new business cards and earring cards, editing photos, Twittering, reading some of my favourite blogs, looking for new supplies (conversely, if anyone knows of a supplier of good quality, complete enamel chains in a variety of colours, preferably vintage but not necessarily, please, please, PLEASE let me know) and just generally whiling away the morning.

JUTE STRING:
I have also been playing around with a new packaging look that incorporates lovely, recycled paper boxes, newspaper and jute string. This is what I've come up with:



I don't know... Is it too rough looking?

CUSTOMS FORM:
I've been packaging up a few international sales, ready for the post office this afternoon.

PHONE BILL:
This requires payment, but not before I call Telstra AGAIN to request that they STOP CHARGING ME FOR MOBILE FOXTEL, WHICH I HAVE NEVER REQUESTED, AGREED TO OR WATCHED.

COFFEE:
I drank some.

SO that was my morning. How very... interesting... 'nt.


I'm off to eat delicious tuna pasta leftovers for lunch.

Here's hoping my afternoon is just as... interesting...

4 comments:

Georgie Love said...

no packaging is beautiful! Can I ask you where you get your boxes from? My supplier is US based and it's just not feasible with the exchange rate at the moment! Is it too cheeky to ask?

xo

Penelope said...

The packaging looks lovely! I use craft boxes when I do big orders- otherwise their size brings me out of the letter size and my shipping goes up. I've gotten around it by making tissue paper envelopes though. :)

UGH- Telstra. It took them over a month to connect our phone with us calling them constantly about it. They told us after all the trouble they'd credit us $100 on our bill. It's been 4 months, and they keep sending us bills without the credit! "Just pay this one and it'll be on the next bill." Yeah, right!

Anonymous said...

I like the packaging.

Brooke said...

Thanks, guys!

Sal, not too cheeky at all. Although I have no good news on that front. I have to order mine from the States too - I've yet to find a local supplier who will A) supply in bulk and B) come close to the same price.

I feel horrible every time I reorder because I know they're coming from all the way over the other side of the world...