Monday, June 15, 2009

The Evolution of Studio

A long, long time ago (well, before Isla was born and that feels approximately 158 years ago) Sparky decided to build me a fabulous studio in our garage. Essentially we were very tired of tripping over my boxes of paper and fabric and plastic and resin and cups and glues and findings and... You get the picture.

So we set about making it happen with the help of some very clever and wonderfully generous relatives.

This is the garage pre-studio:




(You'll notice my favourite feature here, the Dancing Sparky with Lawnmower. Fabulous.)

And while there were many steps in between the above photo and the ones below, I was heavily pregnant and it was the middle of the hottest summer EVER, so I was far too busy eating Frosty Fruits to take any further progress photos. I'm sorry.

This is what the studio looks like now:




and while it clearly isn't finished, I want to document the evolution of the space from here on in. I like being able to look back and see where I've come from and I don't know about you, but I find the art of designing a workspace to be ridiculously exciting.

So if you have any fabulous ideas or websites filled with creative workspaces that I can perve on, please let me know!

1 comment:

planettreasures said...

what a fabulous space!
I cant wait to see how it develops.