Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Preview Night

I know I said aaages ago that I'd tell you how my first-ever preview and shopping night went, so I will finally comply!

We set up in the fabulous barn at my sister's house, asked around 100 people from the local area, invited them to bring friends along, let the champagne and chocolates flow freely and... watched the rain pour down ALL. DAY. LONG. At around 5.30, when the rain was particularly heavy, I assumed the night would be a bust and braced myself for the task ahead - eating a lot of chocolate and drinking some lovely champagne. Oh well.

To my surprise though, we had over 50 people turn up throughout the evening (it ran from 7.30 - 9.00, although the last ladies left at around 10.30) and the whole event was a massive success. I sold a tonne of stock on the night, took over 40 additional orders and had quite a few requests for similar showings at private homes. I was so busy taking orders throughout the night that I only had time to take one photo of my set-up, and this is it:



It was a really enjoyable way to meet my customers face-to-face, hear what they liked, what they wanted more of, what they thought of my prices, etc. I've decided I'd like to hold another similar shopping night in late-November to provide Christmas shopping options for my lovely customers.

For now though, it's back to the studio to finish off the orders from the party. I need to pour around 100 pieces today. A small selection:

No comments: